Klicka för större bilder!
Today was my third and absolutely not last attempt at making macarons. I'm really pleased with how these turned out! This time I let the egg whites age during the day (some recipes require several days!) , which I think made quite a difference. The meringue rose a bit higher and got a little firmer. I didn't make any extravagant taste combinations, but simplicity is not to be underestimated!
Basic recipe for macarons
-100 grams ground almonds
-100-110 grams egg whites (about 3 egg whites), aged 1 day at room temperature
-200 grams powdered sugar
-4-5 tablespoons sugar
1. In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar together with the almonds. Blend well.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer. After they start foaming, add the sugar one tablespoon at a time and continue whipping until it gets thick.
3. Fold the dry mix carefully and slowly into the meringue, use a spatula. Add food coloring if desired until fully mixed.
4. Fill your piping bag and pipe the macarons onto a baking sheet. Leave them to set for 30–60 minutes to form a skin.
5. Preheat the oven to 150° C. Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely and then fill with desired filling!